Friday, July 29, 2011

East Rock Doors


3 years ago I moved into the East Rock neighborhood of New Haven with my boyfriend. We have loved every single minute of it! East Rock always has so much going on, Tag sales every weekend through out the neighborhood, Orange Street Market for lunch outside, Lulu's for coffee in the morning, and all just a short walk around the corner from wherever you might live in East Rock! So you can imagine how difficult it will be for us to pack our things and close this East Rock door, in order for us to be able to open our next door, and opportunity some place else. I have been so in love with the different houses and colors and fun little details of this neighborhood since I moved here, that I spent the better part of my 3 years here taking pictures of each front door. I finally felt that I had a significant enough collection to ask Lulu's coffee shop  to let me hang my doors for all of the community to see, I couldn't think of anything more appropriate for my last few weeks here! So heres a look at a few doors! but if you are in the area stop by and grab a coffee and take a moment to relax in my amazing neighborhood and check out "The Doors of East Rock" (and My "I Just Want to be a Woman" series) first hand! 


























No comments:

Post a Comment