Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Framed!

I got into the groove and totally into this project and Im finally done..... about 6 weeks early! BUT just in time to hang it at the Space this weekend for a show curated by Ashley Abel "Art in Orbit". Heres a sneak peak at my frames just cause I'm so excited to  have them done! You should still come to The Space in Hamden This sunday April 3rd from 1-6 to see them in real life as well as the art of a BUNCH of other amazing artists!

If you will remember the assignment was to use the ten words given and some how creatively include them in our photos, I decided to not only include it in the photo but to make the frame accordingly also. My theme was kids portraits, I was really attempting to blur the lines of commercial work with fine art.







Im Sure my boyfriend is happy that I'm done also.... being crafty isn't exactly the cleanest of projects!

Metal

Desk

Ball

Silverware

Black and White

Flower

Texture

Box

Silver-WEAR

Rust

Rust

The process of actually making the frames once I had all my artsy supplies really didnt take too long, only because I really enjoyed what I was doing! The most interesting part was the problem solving that went along with it, how am I going to make silverware stay glued? How will I get the glass piece back in the frame if I A) drill a metal piece into the frame. B) wrap fabric around the frame. How will I make the picture stay in what is right now a window... you know these types of questions... that more than likely not many people find them selves with problems like these multiple times in a week!

Id like to thank my boyfriend, Rob for his help with many of these, and his patience while our office was a disaster area, My Teacher Hoyer for some awesome ideas,  The parents and kids of course who made this SUCH a fun project, and my itunes playlist and everyone on it for musical inspiration and creative focus!

No comments:

Post a Comment